Sunday, January 14, 2007

American Corn Belt

First of all, if you should find yourself travelling through Iowa, be forwarned that there is NOTHING but corn... nothing.... but... CORN.

It is part of the American CornBelt folks... there is so much corn that their fuel is MADE out of corn!!! (Awesome--cleaner fuel, better quality, cheaper)...

We played a show at Knuckleheads in Kansas City, Missouri. The club was absolutely a 5 star rating as far as quality of service, atmosphere, and legendary performers. The owner, is the NICEST man. We highly recommend contacting Knuckleheads if you are interested in playing a gig or seeing a show.

Also, along our travels, we spent our nights in State Parks camping in our tent to save money ($8-$11 a night). We recommend Graham Cave State Park in Missouri and Black Hawk State Park in Iowa. And for $12 you can camp at a really nice bar in Oglesby, Illinois.

Hidden deep within our cooler was a bottle of Tequila we had never tried before... it has lasted us an amazing amount of time. The tequila is smooth, tasty, and provides the perfect "warm feeling" you expect out of a quality tequila.

This is Mysti Mayhem reporting from the road. We locked our keys in the car and I am in The Roman Candle in Madison, WI writing this while Mandocello is fishing the keys out of the car.... I'm glad we left the spare key under the matt, IN the car...
I would have used AAA, but they are saying that my card is "cancelled"... even though I just renewed my membership for a full year May 1, 2006 of this year... and on my card it says "Loyal Customer since 2004" "Card Valid thru May 1, 2007". I inquired who I could speak with about my situation, and all of their offices are closed until Tuesday for Labor Day Weekend. The lady on the phone told me that I chose to lock my keys in the car at a bad time.

I didn't laugh.

Thanks a lot AAA... I will remember to get a receipt next time I throw my $80 to the wind.

Love, Spellbox

No comments: